Looking for a favor

Papabjoe

This topic is 4912 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey all. It's been years since I've been here. Glad to see it's still going strong. I was hoping I could get a favor from one of the windows developers. I'm on mac and I have a simple database that I pilfered from an existing fm solution. Problem is my client is on windows. Anybody willing to convert these two files to windows runtime files for me?

Thankx

Papa.

While this isn't the answer you are looking for, if you have a modern Intel-based Macintosh, I recommend that you install Microsoft Windows on it and create the Windows Runtime yourself. You will need to bring your own license to Microsoft Windows. You can use Mac OS X's provided BootCamp for free to dual boot or use one of the convenient virtualization solutions in software (Parallels for Mac, VMWare Fusion, or VirtualBox).

Or borrow some time on your client's machine and do it there.

Creating the runtime yourself addresses two significant quality control issues.

(1) You need to be able to test out the runtime and recreate it conveniently if something was done wrong.

(2) You need to have control over the production environment to ensure that the runtime is created on a virus-free machine.

Hey all. It's been years since I've been here. Glad to see it's still going strong. I was hoping I could get a favor from one of the windows developers. I'm on mac and I have a simple database that I pilfered from an existing fm solution. Problem is my client is on windows. Anybody willing to convert these two files to windows runtime files for me?

Thankx

Papa.

There was a similar request the other day, and someone suggested that the person install their their FileMaker app on the client's machine, bind the Runtime, and then uninstall it (FileMaker Application).

I guess it would depend on the client, but it certainly added an option.

Lee

This topic is 4912 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.