Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing Crash (Quits) With Mac 10.6.5

jorfasan

This topic is 4898 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a just renewed group with 4 brand new iMac with SnowLeopard 10.6.5, with less than 3 working days.

Also there are 2 XP, 1 iMac with Tiger and my PowerBook with 10.5.8. The FMServer is on a XP service pack2 (with, by the moment, 1 gb of ram, soon to be updated to 2, but running the FMServer).

The issue:

When I print in FM11v2 from any of the new iMac's 10.6.5, the application quits inexpectedly and, well, it prints but...

This problem does not occur in any of the other machines. I also installed, a FM10 license to test and it does print flawlessly in one of the machines that quits. The tiger prints with FM10 too.

I have tested with other databases and quits. So it seems that is not a file issue (that I recovered cause I found that could be the issue).

The printer is a Develop's INEO220, with the official driver, and, of course the Office, mail, firefox and the rest of applications print with no problems.

Both Filemaker and SnowLeopard versions are localized in spanish.

I have searched the forum but I have not seen any clue of the problem.

Thanks in advance.

It seems to be a driver problem. If I set the default postscript driver in the printer config the issue gets resolved. Although the printer and its software are new too, the soft combination does not work as "promised".

So I think the issue will be solved with a new printer driver.

Thank you.

This topic is 4898 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.