FM Server 3 changeds databases to Single User

This topic is 8581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a client that has numerous locations across the country. Each location features a FMP DB running through Windows NT and FMP Server 3. At Several locations everythime we close out of the server to edit the DB the documents are all changed back to Single User status. We then have to close down FMP Server and open each document and change them back to Multi user status. Sometimes it appears that when we change ti to Multi user it doesn't hold and we have to return and change it a second time. Any ideas?

Yup! FM Server 3 has this nasty habit. That is why on the Mac version they give you an AppleScript to flip a bunch of files dropped on the Applet back to multi-user. 1) I would check for an equivalent script on the PC side in the utility files supplied with FM Server. 2) Write a FM script that runs scripts in all files to Set Multi-User [on]. This could be run as a shutdown script. 3) Upgrade to FM 5.0, scripting backups is much easier! You might make sure you are running the latest update to FM Server 3, although I'm not sure this was fixed before 5.0. -bd

[This message has been edited by LiveOak (edited November 18, 2000).]

This topic is 8581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.