Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sub Summary Part Wont Shrink. Should It?

Paradigm

This topic is 4891 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay here's my problem and maybe its something I just misunderstood regarding sliding and layout objects.

In an estimating program I've created I have a print out that displays estimate line items sorted by the parent Estimate Group which is the Sub Summary Part of the Layout.

In my program you can also display a specification or detailed description of the line either on the Estimate Group level or the Estimate Line Item level or both and what my problem is when there is no specification text in the Specification field on the Estimate Group (sub-summary) level the specification field shrinks appropriately but the Sub-Summary section itself doesn't.

While I know you can't slide or shrink headers, footers, title headers, and title footers (Headers, footers, title headers, and title footers never shrink or slide up.) I thought you could shrink or slide up sub-summary parts. Was I wrong in thinking that or is there a way to shrink the part?

Here are some links to screenshots of what I'm working on if that helps.

Layout Mode View

Preview Mode View

Yes, you can. Make sure you have selected the "Also resize enclosing part" option for all objects in the part that are set to slide up.

Yup, that did it.

And I knew that too. Geesh!

Sometimes it just takes a kick in the ,...well you know, to get ya thinking right.

Thanks. That was really driving me nuts.

This topic is 4891 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.