Portals to Portals

Mack (JP)

This topic is 4862 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I am new in FM. I has a 1 portals problem. How I can copy data portals to others portals. I check your sample files from forum, and I follow the way. Is fails. hope can anybody to help me? I already zip the file. The filename is C-File. Hope all of you can helps.

Thanks

Hello,

How i can get field portal data from (A Segment File)to (B segment File, portal 1), and scripts for choose the portal row data from (B Segment File Portal 1) to the (B Segment File portal 2).

Example:

T-File::ProductParticular transfer to C-File Product Particular. After that from C-File Product Particular choose the portal data to others portal data.

Please helps.

Thanks

imho, your structure is completely wrong. First, why do you have three FM files. Unless you have some compelling reason, you should have one FM file with three tables. Actually I'm not certain that you need three tables, perhaps only two. Another problem is that you are not using auto-enter serials for the record's primary keys, but rather some odd alpha-numeric range for Customers and Get(RecordID) for Products.

Please write a paragraph describing your system requirements, and we'll offer the structure that you should have. I see Customers, Products and then some need for a "confirmation" (my guess between T-file and C-file).

PS: Do not bump your posts or double-post.

Thanks for your reply.

1st, i divided by 3 file because some files will need to link to others.

My structure program is:-

1. Add Customer Data in Customer file. And link to T-File for to join the data.

2. Prepare all file in the T-FIle. After confirmation, I will in C-File to add a new file with link the T-File include the portals.

In the C-File, you will get to see 2 portals. Portal bottom data is selected from portal upper which is selected by using the script.

I try many methods but also failed.

If my program have wrongly parts, can you please let me know how to solved it? Or solved directly into my program. I will be check.

Thanks

• Like 1

I'd rather have a paragraph from you describing what it is you are trying to accomplish. Do not use FM terms, but rather how a customer would ask you for a system.

Dividing the system across three files is not necessary. What do you mean by "link to others?"

Your names are meaningful to you. I do not know what a T-File or C-File is.

It seems to me that you have experience with other technology and are assuming that the techniques that you've used there are directly transferable to FM. You need to understand more of FM basics before you start your project. I suggest the tutorial.

This topic is 4862 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.