create login dialog and allow enduser to create new user in standalone db

This topic is 4827 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello fmforums community!

I have filemaker advanced 10 for windows and I need to create a solution for. My work and I would like to be able to allow powerusersz to be avble to add new users frfom a runjtime db because they don't have fm on any computer at work... if you could advise me on how to accomplish this then I. Would greately. Be appreciste it

Runtimes are single user and cannot connect to a shared file. If you're expecting a runtime to work with a shared solution then you'll be disappointed.

Can you explain what you mean by "users". Do you mean user accounts (as in FMP's built-in security) or do you mean a table that contains data about "users"?

• Newbies

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant by "users" is as you said it FM's built-in security, it will be used on one computer but it contains businis critical information such as SSNs and the like so each indovidual needs to have their own logon id and password to access the solution. The reaso is so that we can track who is mmaking what changes and viewing what information.

Thanks for your help!

See:

http://www.filemaker.com/11help/html/scripts_ref2.37.27.html#1028418

Note that using this method, accounts can be managed by user/s without having full access privileges. This enables you to remove full access from the runtime, if you wish.

it contains businis critical information such as SSNs

Aren't there laws against that?

This topic is 4827 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.