"Saving As" to a previous version

This topic is 4818 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know this question may sound silly, but I'm wondering if there is any way to save a FM 9.0 file so that I can open it in FM 6.0 and still retain basic layouts? (I know - why would someone want to go backwards?) I can export the data and bring it in to a FM 6.0, but I really don't want to re-create all of my layouts.

Thanks for any suggestions any of you might have.

6 is written in a different language than 7, 8, 8.5, 9, 10, and 11

You would have to right fhe files in version 6, and it still would not be available in 9. You could export the data from 9 and import it into 6 once you written your files in 6. Keep in mind that the Tables in 9 usually equal Related Files in 6, and as you would expect there is a ton of new things in 9 that you would have to create workarounds for in 6.

I.e., you can not backwards migrate.

HTH

Lee

6 is written in a different language than 7, 8, 8.5, 9, 10, and 11

You would have to right fhe files in version 6, and it still would not be available in 9. You could export the data from 9 and import it into 6 once you written your files in 6. Keep in mind that the Tables in 9 usually equal Related Files in 6, and as you would expect there is a ton of new things in 9 that you would have to create workarounds for in 6.

I.e., you can not backwards migrate.

HTH

Lee

Bummer. Thank you very much for your speedy reply. I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

This topic is 4818 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.