Exporting to HTML and Printing

JP Kehoe

This topic is 4837 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I have a script that exports records to HTML and subsequently attachs to the Client Email to send. The problem is that in order to fit all the fields on one page I would need to adjust the width of the HTML columns (but don't know if this can be done via filemaker)

is there a way to export to HTML in filemaker so that the field widths are adjusted or at else the texted is 'rapped text' much like you would see in Excel

I hope this explains the issue - attached is a .jpeg to help explain further field width.jpg

many thanks in advance for the help

JP

Filemaker exports an HTML Table with no formatting (except for a border). It is up to the browser to render the table as it sees fit. If you want more control, you need to export as XML, using a custom XSLT stylesheet to transform the result into the HTML of your choice.

• Newbies

Filemaker exports an HTML Table with no formatting (except for a border). It is up to the browser to render the table as it sees fit. If you want more control, you need to export as XML, using a custom XSLT stylesheet to transform the result into the HTML of your choice.

Many thanks for the advice. I had a look and to be honest I can't figure that one (I am a bit of a novice!!)

I think I will look at setting up a new layout and perhaps arrange the field as I need and then PDF and attach to email.

many thanks once again

JP

This topic is 4837 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.