Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How do I extrapolate data in a date range?

This topic is 4841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We use the database for all of our donations received. I need to do a query that shows the donors given in between a date range (example: 1/15/2010-7/15/2010). I have been able to figure out how to get the totals from each members donation but I have not been able to figure out how to filter the data down to certain dates not for their entire donation history. I am not sure if I should be doing it through a report or a script or via managing the database? We use to use Access but converting the queries over to File Maker Pro on a Mac has proven to be a challenge.

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you so much,

Anne

Assuming you have (at least) a table of Donors and a table of Donations, and that the Donations table has (at least) these fields:

• DonorID

• Date

• Amount

• sTotal (Summary, Total of Amount)

Go to a layout of Donations. Find the records in your desired date range. Sort by DonorID. Show the results using a layout (of the Donations table) that has a sub-summary by DonorID part, and no body part. Put the summary field in the sub-summary part, along with some fields from the Donors table, e.g. name.

This is not the only way it can be done, but it is the most straight-forward.

---

BTW, there's no extrapolation here.

Anne,

If I read your post right you are looking for the way to find records within a defined date range.

In Find mode click into the date field and type - start date .... end date example: "1/1/2011...1/31/2011" of course without the quotation marks; for all records in January.

HTH

Sandy

• Newbies

Anne,

If I read your post right you are looking for the way to find records within a defined date range.

In Find mode click into the date field and type - start date .... end date example: "1/1/2011...1/31/2011" of course without the quotation marks; for all records in January.

HTH

Sandy

Dear Sandy,

I cannot thank you enough, this is amazing it so simple I was clearly making it too complicated. Thank you so much :)

Anne

This topic is 4841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.