Inaccurate results with find

This topic is 4825 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just came across this issue and was using FileMaker 10 and 11. I have a simple database setup to record billing information and when I went to do a billing report, a simple find, one of my records for the given criteria was not coming up in the found set. I searched for a specific date range and a record within that range did not come up. I even tried searching for just that record and that fails. I've duplicated the record and the newly duplicated record act the same way. I used the recover option and recovered the database and although it didn't come up with any errors the record now shows properly during the search. Here's what I'm using:

Database hosted on FileMaker Server 11

Accessing the file with FM 10 and 11 same results

The field I'm searching is a standard date field.

One the file was recovered it worked fine, but my concern is that I've been missing more billing records in the past and could miss some in the future and I would never know.

Anyone experience this before?

It seems likely that the index to that field may have been corrupted and would have to be recreated. I have had this issue in the past.

Keith, I think I have a similar issue with one of my databases. How would I go about seeing if the index is corrupted and potentially recreate it?

- Dan

Open the Define Fields dialog, open the field options and turn indexing off for that field. Close the dialog. Then open the dialog again and turn indexing on again.

Field indexes do get corrupted, but not very often. I'd suspect bad data before a bad index.

Also, make sure the field is a date field and not text.

This topic is 4825 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.