Formatting and Sorting Phone Numbers

This topic is 4823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings all;

I have phone numbers stored into the database, however some of them are formatted as (01) 2345 6789 and others are 01 2345 6789.

What i want is it to check to see if it is formatted as "" and if so do this code

"(" & Left ( ${Phone Number1 (Imported)} ; 2) & ")"  & " " & Middle ( ${Phone Number1 (Imported)}; 4; 4) & " "  & Right ( ${Phone Number1 (Imported)} ; 4)

otherwise just copy the "phone number imported" to the field "phone number"

Isn't better to apply the same formula to ALL your records ?

Something like:

Let(

n = Filter ( PhoneNumber ; 1234567890 ) ;

If ( Length ( n ) = 10 ; "(" & Left ( n ; 2 ) & ") " & Middle ( n ; 3 ; 4 ) & " " & Right ( n ; 4 ) )

)

Greetings all;

I have a database where phone numbers are entered, however some of the numbers are mobile and some are home phones.

For example

(07) 55555555

07 55555555

0400 000 000

What i want to do is make it so that if the field has a mobile number then it paste the number into the mobile field, if it has a home number then it paste it into the home number field.

i was thinking about possibly making it so that if the number starts with 04******** then it is a mobile.

However i dont know how to make the formular to check that.

Typically, all phone numbers are entered in the same field and a second field indicates their type (usually the choices of type are from a value list). I usually have phone in a child table to People.

Typically, all phone numbers are entered in the same field and a second field indicates their type (usually the choices of type are from a value list). I usually have phone in a child table to People.

Yea, that isnt how this is going to be set up. So is there a way of searching and if it is one thing putting it on Filed A, if another Field B?

This topic is 4823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.