FMPA 10 and 11 exit after FM splash screen

Kent Searight

This topic is 4814 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client with a machine running both FileMaker Pro Advanced 10 and 11 on Win XP SP2. Both have been running fine on the machine for months but all of a sudden neither will successfully launch. Both applications exit after the FileMaker splash screen. We've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling FMPA 11 (which appears to be a successful installation), rebooting the machine, etc. but the problem persists. Anyone have any ideas? I've never seen this behavior before.

I didn't know where to post this. Sorry if it's in the wrong section.

Thanks in advance!

-Kent

but all of a sudden

Try to narrow then exactly when then use the Appliation and System event logs to see what happened around that time. Probably some update or new software.

The application log may also show you some clues as to what Windows reports as the underlying error.

Typically when you see this behaviour, it's because there is already a running "filemaker pro.exe" process running. Use the Task Manager to see if that's the case. You can kill it from there and then try to re-launch FMP.

Hi Wim,

Thanks for your reply. We've determined that when we remove ScriptMaster plugin then the application works again. Funny thing is that it's the same plugin that's been installed on that machine for over a month and the event logs don't show anything significant between the time when it was working in the morning to when it experienced problems that afternoon. I'll contact 360 Works to see if they have any ideas.

Thanks again for your help!

-Kent

This topic is 4814 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.