FM 11 font problem on Win XP

TheProfiler

This topic is 4789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello everyone, this is my first post here :D

Anyway, here's my issue: in my company we had FileMaker 4.0 for ages (for cataloging purposes, quite important part of our business) and recently we decided to switch to FM11 (got only 2 licences so far). Suprisingly enough, importing that ancient database from FM 4 to FM 11 went rather smooth, except for a minor (but for us crucial font issue).

As it is, we have our own company font for years, which we use for printing out labels and stuff and its important that we keep it. But when I try to ratrieve mentioned font type, using "more fonts" option, they simply do not apply. Same goes for eg. Symbol font. Selected text changes somewhat but not to Symbol font or our custom one. Simply does not apply.

However, this issue seems to be related to FM 11 <-> Win Xp combo, since we consulted some people that have FM 10 or 11 installed on Win 7 and they do not have those problems, while some others with FM 10/11 + WinXP combo seem to suffer same bug. Also, we are not system administrators on our office PC's, not sure if that could cause such issues (I wouldn't imagine that, but one never knows).

For now, it seems to me that FM11 simply has issues with retrieving some (although not all) font types from Win XP font database, especially when you use "more fonts" option rather than picking some from the droplist.

Any quick ideas?

Thnx in advance,

P.

• Newbies

What type is your company font?

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/636/

Well, it is completely custom made font, none of the ones offered by windows, also named after my company. But like I said, same thing happens with Symbol font and some others, so I figure our font is not problematic by itself.

I'll check out the link you posted as soon as I get a moment's time, and report back if I have any success in figuring it out, thnx.

This topic is 4789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.