Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal Fields Not Showing in FM 11 ADV

ron G

This topic is 4821 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using FM 11 03

So, I am developing this kind of complicated application and for no reason, FM 11 starts acting like FM 10. Specifically, I create a table. I related it. I drag a portal under the appropriate TAB and....

The fields do not show outside of edit mode.

So, I copy and paste the fields. No way.

So, I drag the fields to the desk top and drag back. Nope.

I delete the portal, create a new one, specify the fields and can SEE them in edit... no show in browse.

THEY ARE ALL WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE TOP PORTAL ROW... NO SHOW IN BROWSE :huh: !!!!

If I knew what the 'trick is' (too bad there IS a trick... listening FM?), I've forgotten it.

================

OK. As usual, it is a case of 'user mental error' (Aren't all mistakes 'mental' in origin?) Anyway, I apparently neglected to declare the FK in the portal table as 'unique'.... OOPS...

ishot-478.jpg

Huh? The foreign key in the child table CANNOT be unique. For example, Clients>Invoices. In Invoices, you would have the _kF_ClientID. For each Invoice that belonged to that Client, you would have the same foreign _kF_ClientID.

Huh? The foreign key in the child table CANNOT be unique. For example, Clients>Invoices. In Invoices, you would have the _kF_ClientID. For each Invoice that belonged to that Client, you would have the same foreign _kF_ClientID.

Yes I know. But, when things don't work I try what shouldn't. After assigning the 'unique' feature to the KF, I got an expected error. I turned it back off (ie, deleted it) and it worked.

Why? I certainly don't know....

Thanks for looking.

This topic is 4821 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.