Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiple Page Invoices Printing (But Only If Needed)

Ahopkins321

This topic is 4805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Ok, so I'm pretty much completly new to FM. I'm using FM Starting Point as my well.. Starting point.

The invoices that it generates only accept up to 19 Rows of line items then it won't print anymore. I'm in need of how to make it generate more pages if there is more line items. Sometimes it could be up to a couple hundred rows, so It'd need to go from 1 page up to however many is needed, with the totals etc only on the last page, and the header information etc maybe on all the pages?

I've searched the forums, but I can't find out how to do this in more simple terms. I've seen something about having relationships with portals and printing from line items, or something like that, however that makes no sense to me.

So if you can break it down an easier way for me to understand, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Andrew

Assuming you have a line items table get the related records from that table and create a layout to print your invoice there not in the invoice table. If you do not have a line items table, you should have.

Vincent.

Ok so that still doesn't make much sense to me. I think I'm using a "Line Items Table" to get the records, basically what I have is a portal that is made really long as I have it formated for line 1 through line 100 (shouldn't have more than 100 per invoice, but then again, it could in the future). It makes the page about 4 pages long, I have it setup to Slide up and resize enclosure, and that works great and all, but when I try to print lets say an invoice with 12 Items in it, it prints everything nicely on the 1st page, then gives me 3 more pages that just have the 'header' which I would like to keep on each page, but only want those 3 pages to print if there is line items on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Andrew

fmp100.JPG

This topic is 4805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.