Can See Host But Not Hosted Files - Sometimes...

crustix

This topic is 4809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've read many similar situations (port 5003, the .pem problem, etc) but not quite the same as what I am experiencing here.

I've got 15 or so DBs hosted on a OS X 10.6 machine running FMS11. For the most part, things are fine, everyone has access. Then *POOF* anyone who is already connected stays connected but any other machine can see the Host but none of the files on the host. I can be connected from 3 different machines, anywhere on my network, and then I'll get a user saying they cannot get on the DB they need. I have to kick everyone off and stop/restart the FMS11 server and then *POOF* everyone can access again... until the next time it happens.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, checked networking issues to the best of my ability, I've tried monitoring users/access (I read about a dropping packets problem that has the same symptoms but no fix that I am aware of). I can't suss out anything from the FMserver logs or the OSX console logs either.

I'm losing my mind over this and just flat out I'm stumped. Has anyone seen/heard/fixed/anything this problem before?

• Newbies

On those machines that can't see the files, can you open the file using the fmnet protocol? Or through a local opener file?

It does sound like a network issue, some timeout happening.

thanks for this message, it's helped kick my brain a little.

Trying to access the file using "recents" or an "fmp7://" style linkage all fail once the *POOF* happens. I have not tried using an "opener" file however... Will poke at that for a while.

Timeout you say, I'm going to go poke everything on my network/systems that even has that functionality...

Other than that:

- doublecheck the system log on the server

- doublecheck the stats.log in the FMS logs folder and the event log that is also there

There might be clues as to what is happening if it is something on the server

This topic is 4809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.