Allowing users to view restricted records.

Eric_R

This topic is 4791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a database that allows a user to view only his/her files. However, there are a few reports that I would like to display with full access. I can use the re-login function with a new user account that gives full access; but, how do I return to the limited access when the user has finished looking at those reports?

So, you're saying you're using record-level privileges? It sounds like a huge security risk to login a user with higher privileges.

The best I can think of is to generate the report via script (and save it to PDF if you have to; for viewing), and allow that script to run with full access privileges.

• Newbies

So, you're saying you're using record-level privileges? It sounds like a huge security risk to login a user with higher privileges.

The best I can think of is to generate the report via script (and save it to PDF if you have to; for viewing), and allow that script to run with full access privileges.

Did not work. I think the check box to allow that script to run with full access privileges does not allow you to view/print records created by other users

I have a database that allows a user to view only his/her files. However, there are a few reports that I would like to display with full access.

Couldn't you solve this with field level access? I mean, it doesn't make much sense that they can print out data they are not allowed to view on screen.

This topic is 4791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.