Portal Row Deletes OK but...

ron G

This topic is 4801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ishot-534.jpg

I have a pretty simple setup:

Members is the ONE table

Chairs and Dues are 'many' tables.

Each 'many' table resides on a portal on a tab on Members. They work.

In order to allow the user to print the portal information, I put a 'print button' on each portal. When pressed, it executes GTRR ...

ishot-537.jpg

This works.

The weirdness is as follow: When I am in "DUES" and enter 3 rows, for example, in the portal and then press the PRINT button, it opens a window, inserts the PRINT_LAYOUT and shows the portal contents. It works. If I goto the PRINT_Layout window I see the 3 records from the portal. If, I go back to the portal and delete a row it gets deleted in PRINT_Layout. This is as it is supposed to work.

But, if I goto DUES and do the same thing. I see the 3 portal rows in the PRINT_DUES layout. OK this works. BUT, IF I GOTO THE DUES PORTAL and delete a row "IT IS NOT UPDATED ON THE PRINT_DUES LAYOUT???!?!?!?

ishot-538.jpg

I have checked the relationships...ok

I have checked the portal table ...ok

I have checked the GTRR in each... seems ok.

Pleazzzzzzz... does anyone have a clue? I have run out of ideas as to why this contradiction exists?

GOT IT TO WORK. Sort of. If I click the delete button to delete the portal row, then CLICK OUT OF THE PORTAL, BUT NOT IN A FIELD, THEN CLICK THE PRINT BUTTON, EVERYTHING GETS UPDATE AND LOOKS FINE.

Question: "How do I script the clicking out of the portal ? Refresh doesn't do it. Clicking into a field doesn't do it. Got any ideas? Thank you.

This topic is 4801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.