thumbnail display after uploading not showing

This topic is 4776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have problems displaying a thumbnail after uploading a file with SC v 2.792

This is on a Windows server 2008 R2.

An Appserver is hosting FMS11v2, users use terminal server to log in to a user server from which they launch FMP11.

The file uploads correctly via supercontainer, but the icon will not show, even when I give a webviewer action command after a long delay. But when I move away from that record, then select the record again the the icon is present.

Users have r/w access to all relevant folders.

When I do this directly from a browser in http://IPaddress/SuperContainer/Files/my/custom/file/path

it shows the icon immediately.

I have attached a small section of the log to examine.

One complicating factor might be that the whole folder structure was migrated from a Mac environment to a windows server, but from all older records I have no problem showing thumbnails or images.

Any clues appreciated,

Peter

Are you using the companion plugin to upload a file? If so, the web viewer must be refreshed after you finish your upload for the icon to show the new file that has been uploaded to that location. FileMaker reloads the web viewer when you change records, which is why it shows up after you switch away and back again.

Yes David, I do use the plugin and am aware that I need a Set Webviewer (Action refresh) step before I can see the icon.

I have a generic script where I can set a delay time for webviewer refresh depending on my licensees hardware config and network speed. But even when I set this delay to something like 5 sec (this is terminal server, should be very fast), I do not see the icon appear.

Also our soltuion is deployed in many configurations and this was never an issue, it is the first time I see this behaviour.

I have a client close to this config (App server / temrinal server) except that it runs on Windows server 2003 and it has no issues here.

So I am fairly sure it is some local setting that is giving a problem and I was hoping you would recognize this behaviour and could give me clue. I alreay spent many hours figuring out what the cause could be.

hello David, I tried to call on Skype. I'm on central European time so we may have to set a date / time slot for a screenshare session.

The 2 issues may be related (a remark I made in another thread about the inability to see the file info after the latest Java update) as I do not see this behaviour on Mac, but when switching records the file info does not appear. In contrast to the icon or image which shows when changing records using scripts that includes a WebViewer action command. Just changing records with the filemaker flipbook keeps the image hidden.

Peter

For the record, this occurred because some SCv1 code was still there and the Set WebViewer (Action:Reset) had to change to Set WebViewer (Action:Reload).

Apparently, this was a hardware configuration where this was critical.

Thanks to excellent help from David, this puzzle is finally solved.

This topic is 4776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.