Join Table

VijayKali

This topic is 4782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have just started using FileMaker. I am stumped in a many to many situation as depicted below. The payment table has a primary key for each payment. The session table has a primary key for each session. A payment can go to multiple sessions. A session can receive payments from multiple payments. I actually also have a table that is what the join table ( session payment table) should look like meaning it has the six records listed below with a foreign key linking it to both parent tables. I basically imported all historical data from Bento via Numbers. This historical data has been entered into FileMaker. The session table has been populated and the payment table has been populated. The payment table at this point contains the records that should be in the session payment Join Table. The session payment table however is empty and I am not sure how to populate it with records that reflect history.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vijay Join Table Issue.pdf

The payment table at this point contains the records that should be in the session payment Join Table.

I am not sure what exactly does that mean. In your example, there are 3 payments and 6 allocations (joins). How many records does your payment table have at this point?

Well, then it's not the payments table. To populate the "real" payments table, you need to reduce those six to three unique ones. This can be done by importing them into a table where the PaymentID field is validated as 'Unique, Validate always'.

This topic is 4782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.