Runtime does not 'Quit'

tomp

This topic is 4774 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a single file Runtime. I 'quit' the program with the script step 'close(currentfile)'. The file closes without displaying the splash screen and does not 'Quit'. I can only 'quit' the program by using 'Force Quit' (MAC OS X 10.5.8).

I've done a file recovery on the source file and re-built the .sav file used to build the runtime. Neither had any effect.

Any ideas what could be causing this behavior? Or what I can do to solve this problem?

A runtime of this solution built on Windows XP does normally complete with the display of the splash screen. It only fails on MAC OS X

I think you need to use the Quit (Exit Application) command.

I just substituted the 'Exit Application' script step for 'close(currentfile)' and got the same result - no splash screen; program still active that could only be removed by the 'Force Quit' command.

Then you'll need to post more details, like the script you are putting this into and how it is running.

Also, what version of FMP Advanced are you building this with? (include the "v" patch number eg, 10.0v3)

Then you'll need to post more details, like the script you are putting this into and how it is running.

Also, what version of FMP Advanced are you building this with? (include the "v" patch number eg, 10.0v3)

I'm using FMP 11 Advanced 11.0v3

I went back to an earlier version of the solution whose original runtime did NOT exhibit this behavior (built using the same .sav). I rebuilt it again and now it exhibits the behavior I've described earlier. I can't be sure if it was built on 11.0v3 or v2. I didn't record the date I updated to v3. (The 'quit' script is the same in the earlier release of my software)

So I can only assume something has changed in FM??

I'm wondering if I should reinstall FMP 11 advanced (my copy is v1) and do the build on v1 and test, then update to v2 and test, then update to v3 and test?

I reinstalled FMP 11 Advanced, downloaded and installed the updater, and all is good.

Something must have become corrupted in my earlier copy of FM. Kind of scary. I will have to be sure to watch for the splash screen when I do a final installation test before deploying my product.

This topic is 4774 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.