Field Error Trapping

This topic is 4779 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ishot-604.jpg

ishot-603.jpg

ishot-602.jpg

I am using FM 11 Adv. to create a non-profit membership database.

The relationships are as above and seem to work.

ishot-605.jpg

ishot-606.jpg

In the above layout, I hAve a MEETINGS::MEETDATE field. When a new Meeting record is created, the user selects the Date of that meeting in the Meetings::MeetDate field. This works.

What I am trying to do in the two scripts above is: "Find Meeting Duplicates 1" grabs the current value of Meetings::MeetDate in $$MeetDate1. This happens with a script trigger of OnObjectEnter.

Then with OnObjectModify "Find Meeting Duplicates 2" script runs and establishes the 'new' value of Meetings::MeetDate in $$MeetDate2.

Ultimately I would like to let the user select a new date, and if it not a duplicate, to change ALL the existing records in the portal for the 'old' date. I think this should be easy (ha) since I collected $$MeetDate1 and $$MeetDate2.

The problem is that no matter what date I enter, Get(FoundCount) is NEVER =0?????

Am I on the right track? Is there an easier way?

Thank you for reading. I hope I have been clear....

The problem is that no matter what date I enter, Get(FoundCount) is NEVER =0?????

Well, we can't answer that - all we see in your screenshot is:

Perform Find [Restore]

but we don't know what the stored criteria are.

Ultimately I would like to let the user select a new date, and if it not a duplicate, to change ALL the existing records in the portal for the 'old' date.

Why is this necessary? There should be no date field in the MemberMeetingJoin table. The date is an attribute of a meeting, and it should be stored in the Meetings table only.

Is there an easier way?

Most likely, yes. It depends on what exactly you mean by "duplicate".

Sorry for the omission.

The Find Records is: MemberMeetingJoin::Date=$$MeetingDate2

MemberMeetingJoin::date is an Auto-Enter calculation=Meetings::MeetDate so that when a new meeting record is created and the user uses MeetDate to indicate the date of the meeting all new records in the portal get the Date of the meeting inserted into MemberMeetingJoin::Date.

I am thinking this might be unnecessary because the Member is linked to the Meetings::MeetDate field through MemberMeetingJoin. Does this make sense to you?

The Find Records is: MemberMeetingJoin::Date=$$MeetingDate2

What is the purpose of this find? Do you want to find if there is another meeting on the same date - or do you want to find out if one or more of the participating members have another meeting on the same date?

What is the purpose of this find? Do you want to find if there is another meeting on the same date - or do you want to find out if one or more of the participating members have another meeting on the same date?

Good news. Your questions got me thinking about deleting MembersMeetingJoin::Date and organizing by Meetings::MeetDate... ba boom. Works like a charm. Changes to MeetDate change all the associated MemberMeetingJoin records (visually) so.... until the next problem rears it's ugly head....

Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated!

This topic is 4779 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.