Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Variable size field in header

Vaughan

This topic is 8476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a column layout with a large text field describing the records displayed. The size of this field can vary quite a bit. I would like the printed report to show all the information in the field.

I tried making the header large and having the objects in the header slide but the header cannot be reduced to fit the sliding objects. I apparently also cannot access a vertical scroll bar for that field in the header. Does anyone have a workaround for this type of problem?

I just checked again about the field with the vertical scroll bar in the header.

It is a global text field. The format is for a standard field with a vertical scroll bar. The scroll bar is visible but I cannot cause the scrolling to work. Even though I allow entry into the field, I cannot enter it to modify or copy the contents.

the layout is being designed both for printing and for display and use on the screen.

quote:

Originally posted by joegez:

I just checked again about the field with the vertical scroll bar in the header.

It is a global text field. The format is for a standard field with a vertical scroll bar. The scroll bar is visible but I cannot cause the scrolling to work. Even though I allow entry into the field, I cannot enter it to modify or copy the contents.

the layout is being designed both for printing and for display and use on the screen.

Fields in a header part cannot be entered, because the header does not belong to any record. Seperate your layouts into data entry and printing.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.