Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Active Directory Authentication

This topic is 4776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm trying to us AD as the authentication method for a Filemaker database. I have Filemaker Advanced Server 11 running and Filemaker authentication is working. Our network Admin created a group called FM and made me a member. In the database I added an account (File, manage, security) with a Group Name FM, Account is authenticated via External Server, Active, Privilege Set [Data Entry Only].

When I click on the User Data button, no account names show up? I assume I should see the list of users in the group from Active Directory.

When I try to log on to the database with my AD user id & password I receive a message stating “The account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file. Please try again.”

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

I'm trying to us AD as the authentication method for a Filemaker database. I have Filemaker Advanced Server 11 running and Filemaker authentication is working. Our network Admin created a group called FM and made me a member. In the database I added an account (File, manage, security) with a Group Name FM, Account is authenticated via External Server, Active, Privilege Set [Data Entry Only].

When I click on the User Data button, no account names show up? I assume I should see the list of users in the group from Active Directory.

No, that is not correct. You can not see who belongs to the AD group from anywhere inside FileMaker.

When I try to log on to the database with my AD user id & password I receive a message stating “The account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file. Please try again.”

Are both your workstation and the FMS machine members of the AD domain?

Did you toggle the "fmapp" bit on for the [Data Entry Only] privilege set?

FM Server also needs to be configured to authenticate to internal and external accounts (I forget the exact phrase). It's NOT the option to list FM Server in an LDAP directory.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

The User Data button is for the purpose of discovering any Saved Finds for any user who is a member of that group.

In addition to the other suggestions, be sure that the FileMaker Server is actually bound to the domain and has been restarted. Also be sure that the clocks on the Server, the domain controller, and the users' workstations are in sync with one another.

Steven

This topic is 4776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.