Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Subsummary within Summary - need help

wildsicilian

This topic is 8468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to print6 repeating fields as follows:

Main topic with total $$(there are 6 )

Group title with total group $$( 25 exist, but only the found set prints )

an ordered list of items under each group

This report starts with a find in a related file displayed in a portal - the portal records are sorted and pasted to a repeating field record in order (This record becomes a permanent Invoice (between 5 and 800 repetitions)

printing with group subsummaries is no problem - it's the group summaries (bolded) within the main topic group that is causing me problems.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

Kathy Eldredge

the Wild Sicilian

Now I'm getting a feel for some of the problems you are having with repeating fields. You should never have to paste portal information into repeating fields for printing. This indicates a problem with the design approach.

I'm not sure what you mean by "group summaries within the main topic group". The values displayed by summary fields are dependent upon the layout part in which they are placed. A "group" summary field will only display the correct total when placed in the group subsummary part. When placed in the "main topic" subsummary it will become a "main topic" summary.

I'm making assumptions here as you don't indicate what layout parts you are using to contain your "main topic", "group title", and "ordered list" information.

-bd

This topic is 8468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.