Web Database

This topic is 4753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Everyone,

First time here so I hope I have posted my query in the right place. If not sorry.

The problem: I have filemaker on my pc at home and the head office is in cornwall. i cant load filemaker on the server at the moment, that will change by the end of the year.

Requirements: i need my training manager, my training co-ordinator and the other directors to be able to access the datebase at different levels. The directors will be able to see all information such as salaries and personal information. my training co-ordinator needs to be able to up date the database with basic information such training dates and attendance details. My training manager needs to be able to review the courses listed and the individual training programmes. I do not want this available to the public or in the google index just a hidden site that only those above know about.

The only way i can see of making this database available is over the internet. since we already have a web site one solution is to use that site. another solution is to set up a seperate site just for the datebase.

Our current site is in PHP. I don't know if using instant web publisher is an answer.

Mant thanks

Neil45156

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if using instant web publisher is an answer.

Probably be the best/quickest solution. However you'll need to leave FMPro running on your machine (or a second machine) and configure your firewall and IP.

Alternatively you could invest in FileMaker IWP hosting.

This topic is 4753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.