creating user account without full access

This topic is 4736 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to allow certain users to be able to create new user accounts.. but I need to allow this without giving that user full access.

Is this possible? using filemaker 8 advanced

TIA

Create scripts to perform the creation of the accounts, and set these to run with full access privileges.

I have tried this using the "add account" & "enable account" functions, however, the account that I set up does not get added.. Are there any other steps I should add as I can't see what or where thay are?

I have tried this using the "add account" & "enable account" functions, however, the account that I set up does not get added.. Are there any other steps I should add as I can't see what or where thay are?

Be sure the script that creates the Account is set to run with Full Access Privileges. Otherwise, it will not work. And you must do some hard-wiring on the Privilege Set to be attached to the Account.

Steven

I was having the same problem. I couldn't make it to work either. Giving the full access privileges solved it. Thanks Steven.

Very welcome. The real answer to this issue is to use External Accounts. They are far more reliable than a series of scripted actions that can go awry. Of course, you must be using FileMaker Server to use external server accounts.

Steven

This topic is 4736 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.