Server Maintenance This Week. ×

One lone incompatibility

This topic is 4767 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I designed a database program from scratch originally using FileMaker 8 and now it is being adopted by my whole office. Since then we have upgraded to 9 an then to 10 and finally 11. We are all using PCs (unfortunately) but Filemaker works very well and recently we installed Filemaker Server so that we can share a master file more seamlessly. About a year ago my Filemaker 10 crashed and was no longer useful. I reverted back to Filemaker 9. Now I have Filemaker 11 installed on 15 units in the office including mine. They all run XP and all work well with the exception of mine. Using Filemaker 11 I can open the file but when I select a field, it goes blank. Additionally, I cannot enter any data in any field. My actions do not affect the database itself as Filemaker is not accepting my "signals" from my individual computer. When I open up the same database with Filemaker 9 I have no such problem. NO other computer is affected like mine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still have the same problem. Has anyone else come up with this problem and a way to solve it?

Create a new user account on your computer and test using the database from this account. If the problem goes away then it's probably some problem with the FMP installation with that account. Since you say you have already re-installed FMP and the problem remains, I'd suggest considering wiping the computer disk and reinstalling everything.

This topic is 4767 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.