Disable Mouse-Scrolling Through Records

Andrew C

This topic is 4760 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My users would like to be able to use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll vertically down the layout instead of scrolling through records. Is there a file option or a FileMaker preferences option to achieve this? I've read that this might be possible by hiding and locking the status area, but ideally the users would still have access to the Status Area and while being able to scroll down the layout using the mouse scroll wheel.

Edit: I just tested the hide/lock status area. It does prevent scrolling to the next record but you still can't scroll vertically down the layout.

Thanks

I assume you must be using Windows?! Nothing super easy like a preference setting...

Options:

1. Design the layout to not require scrolling.

2. Use a 3rd party app (like KatMouse) to set application specific attributes and commands.

I assume you must be using Windows?! Nothing super easy like a preference setting...

Options:

1. Design the layout to not require scrolling.

2. Use a 3rd party app (like KatMouse) to set application specific attributes and commands.

Using Windows? No, not me sir! But my users do unfortunately.

The layouts need to be IWP compatible which is why they are long instead of using tabs (at least I'm pretty sure tabs still don't work in IWP). I suppose I could simulate tabs and actually have separate layouts for each tab, but this would probably lead to a lot of extra work down the road if we need to make changes elsewhere on the page. And a redesign really isn't in the budget at this point. I never knew about this bug since I'm on a Mac.

But I will test KatMouse. At first glance it looks like a good solution. Thanks for the tip.

I'd strongly recommend creating separate dedicated layouts for IWP. IWP layouts need to be tweaked to look good in the browser, and this usually makes them look weird in the FMP client.

I'd strongly recommend creating separate dedicated layouts for IWP. IWP layouts need to be tweaked to look good in the browser, and this usually makes them look weird in the FMP client.

I'll echo that. You should be able to duplicate some layouts, make a few tweaks to be effective for the IWP layouts.

Definitely check out KatMouse for the FileMaker client Windows users. There are a few other apps out there that give you more features...this is just the only one I tried. And eventually, I made the adjustments to eliminate the scrolling.

This topic is 4760 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.