Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Use "Call Script Immediately" to trigger on active record?

This topic is 4760 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can't figure out how to get the "Call Script Immediately" function to work. I am working with FM 9 and am trying to highlight the active record in the list view. I set conditional formatting such that the fields change background color when $$ID = Programs::ProgramID. I then wrote a script that sets $$ID = Table::RecordID and refreshes the window:

Freeze Window

Commit Records/Request [No dialog]

Set Variable [$$ID; Value:Programs::ProgramID]

Refresh Window []

I want to trigger this script every time a record loads, but I don't know where to put the function or what I should use in the parameters. Help?

If you need some help with figuring out where to put the function, reading some documentation of other script-triggering plug-ins might be a good idea.

http://www.softs4humans.com/FMPro_Plugins.html

http://www.myfmbutler.com/index.lasso?p=416

I forget where you need to put the function for what you are using it for; but I think you need it in a privilege set. A layout-level restriction would make sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read that stuff and it makes no sense to me...I am new to plug-ins, so I kind of need it spelled out where to put stuff. Saying "put it in a calculation" means nothing to me - a calculation where? Anywho, any plain language help would be greatly appreciated!

This topic is 4760 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.