Moving fields for printing

stac_1

This topic is 8450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a header that contains buttons and these buttons do not print, and when I print the record, my page is blank on top (where the buttons would be if they printed). How do I move up all of my fields so that they fill in the space the buttons leave? smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by stac_1:

I have a header that contains buttons and these buttons do not print, and when I print the record, my page is blank on top (where the buttons would be if they printed). How do I move up all of my fields so that they fill in the space the buttons leave?
smile.gif" border="0

Seperate your layouts. Have one for the user and another formatted for printing. That simple change make your database move from amatuerish to professional, at least in terms of appearance. It will make your life alot easier as well.

That's a great idea but, I have some filemaker savvy folks that use the "command P" option to print. Even if I provide a button to print, unless I take away the "command P" option, some of them will still use it instead of the button. Is there a way to script that if "command P" is entered, the printing layout will print? smile.gif" border="0

This topic is 8450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.