FileMaker Server Admin Console (10) has stopped working

This topic is 4724 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

FileMaker Server Admin Console has stopped communicating with FMServer 10 on a remote Mac Mini 1.87Ghz Intel Dual Core running OS 10.5.8. Since April 11, it has not written a log entry, or run any of the automatic nightly or weekly schedules. The files are still being served, except that yesterday service stopped unexplainedly for two hours, and spontaneously returned.

I cannot currently send a message to users, or close a file or files, or run a backup schedule, or Stop Database Server. I've put the app in the trash and re-downloaded it from http:localdisk:16000, to no avail. I've tried downloading a copy to a local machine using http://serveripnumber:16000, with the same non-results.

I'm afraid to restart the MacMini without a brand new backup, for fear of corrupting files that are not backed up.

Serious situation! What's the best way out?

Bob Harlow

[email protected]

Try using the command line to backup the files, then close the files and stop FMS.

I'm surprised FMS has stopped running the schedules but is still hosting the files.

Other experts here will suggest that the Mac Mini isn't up to the task of running FMS in a production environment.

What are the commands to back up all files? Mac OS 10.5.8

Get the docs from the following link

www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/fms/fms11_help.pdf

Command Line reference is the last chapter.

This topic is 4724 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.