Value List is missing values

Oyseka

This topic is 4746 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I have a drop down list on my Invoice table in a portal from my Line Items. The Line Items table looks up the information from the products table. I have had to create two different part numbers for the same product determined by how the product is stocked but when I create an invoice it only shows one item in the drop down list not two, any ideas why.

Are using using the option to only display the second value in the value list? If so, the second values must also be unique.

BTW 2 different part numbers for the same product?

Are using using the option to only display the second value in the value list? If so, the second values must also be unique.

BTW 2 different part numbers for the same product?

Hi Vaughan,

OK thanks, that explains why.

Yes I accept that it is weird to have more than one part number but I couldn't think of another way to differentiate the product for calculation. I posted this in Calculation Engine ".

I have a requirement to differentiate the VAT elements of a product based on whether the stock was purchased for retail or is held as consignment stock. At the moment I can think of no way of doing this apart from giving the consignment stock and retail stock different part numbers which would double the part numbers and introduce a large chance of input error by the operator selecting the wrong part number for the same product.

When a purchase order is produced it is either for consignment or for retail, if it is for retail the VAT is due in the period in which it is purchased, if it is for consignment stock, the VAT only becomes due in the period in which that stock is sold. The VAT report for retail stock is simple because that comes directly from the purchases table but the problem arrises when an order is fulfilled from a mix of consignment and retail stock as the VAT for the consignment stock must come from the invoice line items and I can think of no way to differentiate which is which in the line items table"

This topic is 4746 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.