Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Summary 1 on first line of Summary 2

Scott Howard

This topic is 4750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need to show summarized sales data for vendors and countries. The straightforward way that works fine is to create two summary parts: the first summarizes by a vendor's Country; under that are summaries for each vendor in that country. So I have something like this:

EasySummary.jpg

But because I need to print this on one page with other information above it, I can make it fit if I can put the country summary on the first line of the first Company summary, like this:

DesiredSummary.jpg

(I hope this shows up well once I post it.) You see this takes up about half the space of the first report. The challenge is to get the correct country summary on the same line as the first company and to have the country not show up on the second and third company summary. Any ideas?

Thanks for any input you might have.

Scott

There are a coupe of hacks to do this. The simplest is to make the country and vendor sub-summary parts very small, like a couple of pixels (they must remain on the layout). Then position the country name field so that it "hangs" from the country sub-summary part down onto the body part. This will cause it to show only for the first vendor record below.

• Newbies

There are a coupe of hacks to do this. The simplest is to make the country and vendor sub-summary parts very small, like a couple of pixels (they must remain on the layout). Then position the country name field so that it "hangs" from the country sub-summary part down onto the body part. This will cause it to show only for the first vendor record below.

Thanks Vaughn. The only problem with my report is that the Vendors are also in a sub-summary part - this report has no body part - so if I "hang" the country off a small sub-summary the field or text merge field does not show its data in the Vendor summary part.

This topic is 4750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.