Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 4738 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Site Administrators,

My title went from novice to Advanced Member and I have something like 32 posts. I did not change that title and actually do not see where it could be changed. After I couldn't find where to change it, I asked Bruce, a fellow member, and he said, "Regarding the "Advanced Member" thing I don't know how that gets started. I was labeled Pooh-bah for a while; and I did not give that label to myself. Some admin with a sense of humor maybe. But you can go to your profile and change it I believe."

I realize that the title can change by the number of posts. Is that what happened here? I do not think so because, when I look at other members with 25-100 posts, their generic title is novice. Is it true that a moderator can change someone's title? Was it done as a joke or as an intended sarcastic response or?

Why are admin people allowed to get into someone's panel? I suppose there are times it might be necessary but simply to change someone's title feels intrusive. And now my title, particularly being cap'd, makes it look like I'm puffing my chest like a rooster and I don't like it at all.

The system automatically advances a user titles based only on the number of posts they have made.

Users with > 100 posts are free to change their own titles.

i just lowered the limit to 35 posts there should be an option to change your user title in you profile-

however once changed it will no longer auto change based on post count.

S

This topic is 4738 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.