Using FMP for CRM

This topic is 4755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

My current company has been using GoldMine for their CRM for a while. They asked me to create a separate "database" strictly for client-side relations, as opposed to customer-side (our clients have the products/services; we sell those to the customers.) Unfortunately, the term "database" in GoldMine is loose at best, as all of the separate "databases" still tie into one central UI. So if you delete a field from one "database", GoldMine deletes it from all the databases that exist. What this does is make it virtually impossible to make needed changes to make my "database" work properly, given the constraints of the main "database." Also, despite documentation to the contrary, GoldMine only seems to like to import DBF files as opposed to tab- or comma-separated text files; Excel doesn't export to DBF format anymore, which is doubly maddening.

Now, with the exception of having the ability to link and track e-mails and phone calls, FMP would be just fine for this job; I could have created the database in about 2 hours if not for that. But my boss wants that ability; is there a function or an add-on for FMP that would allow a "link" between FMP and Microsoft Outlook to allow me to effective document all e-mail correspondence with clients and sync my calendar for upcoming calls or meetings? We're on Windows at work, but my boss has a Mac, so a cross-platform solution would be ideal. Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

This topic is 4755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.