Printing fields with lots of text

This topic is 8401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ok.. i know this question has been asked before.. but i need to ask it again??

is the only way to make sure you get all the text in a large text field to print to make the field large enough to handle all teh text and then you sliding to make it smaller... i think filemaker needs a sliding option that will make a text field grow to handle all the text that is in it...

i mean i may never know how much info some might put in this field..

so what do i do.. i make the field 4 pages long, but i just know someone will come along and put 5 pages of info into that field.. i know it will happen?? why?? because thats my luck..

so please tell me there is another way around this...

ok.. i went ahead and just extended them to the longest i could make them.. it will have to be enough... but now i have a problem.. the first page prints fine... but on all the other pages it starts printing the body write over top of the header... just prints right over it... anyone know why this would be happening?

That's what you have to do. There is a limit. A text field can only hold 64,000 characters, so you're not likely to be able to put War and Peace in a field. This fact should bound how many pages you have to allocate.

-bd

This topic is 8401 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.