Formatted Data to Word 2008

This topic is 4751 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have used Scribe for number of PDf reading projects but am now dipping into pushing data to Word 2008 on OS X.

Some background...

Client has had an iApp developed that loads data from word docs files. All the formatting is handed in those documents - I gather the developer simply loads them into the back-end of the iApp and they display onscreen. The iApp is a management tool with a great deal of reference material.

The Word docs are formed as tables - first row is two cells - title and an image (these are generally references to books).

The second row is a rather large cell with bulleted points, generally bolded etc.

The third row is similar to row 2.

In their first iteration they had 18 points which covered four Word docs each.

The next iteration they are thinking over a hundred points so 400+ documents.

The data all exists in Filemaker. The iApp developer is expensive and has the tact of a Unix SysAdmin ( e eg. I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I think I preferred the cows. They were better conversation, easier to milk, and if they annoyed me enough, I could shoot them and eat them.)

It strikes me that I should be able to push styled text via GetAsCSS into specific cells using Scribe.

So, is this possible? FMP11 with OS X 10.6 and Word 2008.

Stephen

There are two ways you can do this:

The first is to do a find-and-replace on the text in your document. You can do this using either ScribeDocSubstitute or ScribePatternReplace.

The second option is to use ScribeDocWriteValue to fill in content control fields. Content control fields can be written to with Scribe on Mac or Windows, but can only be created in Word 2007 or 2010 on Windows.

This topic is 4751 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.