WYSIWYG-not

ginnig

This topic is 8383 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

HELP! Printing to postscript driver (laserwriter 8.7). Adds extra spaces to spacing in print out (left justified type). (Filemaker Pro 5; MAC sys 9.01). Prints to inkjet correctly.

quote:

Originally posted by Gayle:

HELP! Printing to postscript driver (laserwriter 8.7). Adds extra spaces to spacing in print out (left justified type). (Filemaker Pro 5; MAC sys 9.01). Prints to inkjet correctly.

Usually this is the other way around and the laser printer is correct. I would guess that this is a font issue and the laser in question does not have the necessary font and is making a substitution.

Although I suppose that there could be a bug in either your version of FMP or OS 9.01.

Make sure that you have the latest version of FMP (5.0v3 or 5.5v1) and that the laser printer has or supports the font that you have choosen.

Occasionally, I run into this situation because the font substitution option comes up as the default in the page setup options. Switch it off, and fonts print properly. There are also a lot of other things that will affect this. Quite a few have been covered in this forum. Try searching back a few months in this section. Good luck.

This topic is 8383 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.