Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server side SQL Import Error 802

This topic is 4330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

FMS 11v3 on a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit Server

and

Fm 11v3 on Windows 7

I have written a simple script that imports data from my SQL Server into a Filemaker table.

The script is one script step long (Import records).

Locally, on my Client PC it works great; when the Filemaker file is on my Client PC, the import script step executes a simple SQL Query and imports the found stuff into my table.

Now I move the Filemaker file to my Filemaker Server.

When I execute the script there (I want this script to execute once a night Server side) I get an Error 802 (Could not open File.)

Any ideas why?

I have set up the System DSN on the Server *exactly* like on my Client PC and the Connection test of it is sucessful (I log in with the same credentials as well).

On the Server, I have set it up with the 32bit OBDC Administrator as well as with the 64bit one, just to be on the safe side.

Still, the script seems to fail on the FM Server with Error 802.

I am reluctant to install FM Client on the Server to see if testing the file with that will work as its a no no to install FM Client on the same Machine as the Server. Or should I?

So...what next?

Are there any step by step instructions how to setup an SQL datasource on an FM server (apart from defineing the system DSN?) Have I missed something?

Please note I do not need a live OBDC Connection or something like that. Im only importing plain vanilla from an SQL Data source. I do not have OBDC on on the Server (in fact I was told to do this my server does not need OBDC).

Thanks for any input

Hi,

FMS 11v3 on a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit Server

and

Fm 11v3 on Windows 7

I have written a simple script that imports data from my SQL Server into a Filemaker table.

The script is one script step long (Import records).

Locally, on my Client PC it works great; when the Filemaker file is on my Client PC, the import script step executes a simple SQL Query and imports the found stuff into my table.

Now I move the Filemaker file to my Filemaker Server.

When I execute the script there (I want this script to execute once a night Server side) I get an Error 802 (Could not open File.)

Any ideas why?

I have set up the System DSN on the Server *exactly* like on my Client PC and the Connection test of it is sucessful (I log in with the same credentials as well).

On the Server, I have set it up with the 32bit OBDC Administrator as well as with the 64bit one, just to be on the safe side.

Still, the script seems to fail on the FM Server with Error 802.

I am reluctant to install FM Client on the Server to see if testing the file with that will work as its a no no to install FM Client on the same Machine as the Server. Or should I?

So...what next?

Are there any step by step instructions how to setup an SQL datasource on an FM server (apart from defineing the system DSN?) Have I missed something?

Please note I do not need a live OBDC Connection or something like that. Im only importing plain vanilla from an SQL Data source. I do not have OBDC on on the Server (in fact I was told to do this my server does not need OBDC).

Thanks for any input

Solved: I had to also modify the Credentials Settings of the FM Server process, as described in the Manual...Duh. Works fine now sorry to have troubled.

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

Hello,

I am also having the same problem, I have installed FM Server on a Windows 7 machine, have also installed the FM Pro client to test and the SQL import works fine. When I run it as a server script I get an error 802 (unable to open file). I have tried changing many different settings but nothing seems to work. What exactly did you change to get it to work?

This topic is 4330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.