Help with modifying template fields

SLFlorida

This topic is 4723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I took on a project to set up a dbf file in FileMaker at work and I'm in over my head. It's due this week and I'm scrambling for help.

Essentially there are 30 records. I took one of the FM "templates" and tried to modify the fields with field names to fit the information that I'm collecting. I've added some fields that weren't there. The first record is perfect that I entered. However when I went to enter the 2nd record I noticed that some of the fields don't change they still have the data from the first record. I'm assuming I have to create a new field for each record? Not sure. It is a tab that has an embedded website link. This is for state data so I wanted each different state website to load in each state record. Anyhow, I need help with that field/tab and cleaning up a few other fields that I created because I'm not sure I set up everything in Inspector to make it work.

This is coming out of my personal pocket since I've screwed up. I can pay up to $150 via Paypal for help. I'll pay a deposit and then pay upon final work done.

I think I would just need to send the .fp7 file....not even sure...I'm very amateur with this. I would need this done by Thurs. afternoon as the project is due Fri. AM and I will need to stay up Thurs. night to get all the data in once the fields work.

I have attached what it looks like now.

Thanks. I have an early AM flight but will be on the ground by 1pm on Monday. Please reach me email @ [email protected]. Thanks.

This topic is 4723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.