Server Maintenance This Week. ×

OnOpen Script linked to Accounts layout

This topic is 4707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

My goal is to provide the user an Account layout from which he/she can authenticate his/her credentials and create additional credentials for other users.

So ideally, as soon as the user opens my project file he/she gets into the Account layout from which he/she can login (with the account and password already provided by me) and/or create additional user accounts.

I have already figured out the scripting part related to login, and account creation and deletion from the Account layout.

What I have not figured out is how to assure that the Account layout is the unique entry to the project.

Thanks

Hello,

My goal is to provide the user an Account layout from which he/she can authenticate his/her credentials and create additional credentials for other users.

So ideally, as soon as the user opens my project file he/she gets into the Account layout from which he/she can login (with the account and password already provided by me) and/or create additional user accounts.

I have already figured out the scripting part related to login, and account creation and deletion from the Account layout.

What I have not figured out is how to assure that the Account layout is the unique entry to the project.

Thanks

I figured this out.

Thanks

I would be exceptionally careful with this approach, inasmuch as it is highly susceptible to manipulation. Your designated layout is likely not the only vehicle to access the project, unless you have taken some specific and exceptional steps.

Maybe read this article on FM Forums about the dangers of Ersatz Security Systems: http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/180727/post/223189. And perhaps take a look at the FileMaker 11 Security Schema article found at http://www.fmpug.com.

Steven

This topic is 4707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.