Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Generate Chart And/Or Report

Double-B

This topic is 4693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Everybody,

I started working with FileMaker Pro 11, in order to create a film library in there. Everything went well, but I am stuck with a problem now.

I would like to generate a Chart + Report, where I can see the numbers of films from each distributor. For example: I have 50 movies from Distributor A, 50 movies from Distributor B ....

I would like to have the following result.

Distributor A: 50 Movies

Distributor b: 50 movies

Instead file maker generates a following chart / Report.

Distributor A: 1

Distributor A: 1

...(until 50)

Distributor B: 1

...(until 50)

How can I solve that problem.

All data are in one table with different fields according to the categories.

Thank you for your help

• Newbies

Sorry to ask one more time. Everything worked so far, as presented in the file. I managed to built the chart based on Broadcasters and their movie titles. Once I am sorting by TV Channels, the chart shows me the right numbers. However, I have trouble with the sub-summary field, which doesn't allow me, to display all my broadcaster. It just shows one, as the field is not in the right place. I can't figure out the mistake. Any ideas?

Thanks again

• Newbies

Oh sorry, the category doesn't matter.

Let's say, as initially I want to know, how many movies each distributor has released. This is basically the same issue, like in your chart. Creating the chart was therefore not a problem for me. In the next step I wanted to create a summary below like you, where you see the distributor with the corresponding numbers. (in your list Alpha, Bravo, Charlie etc.) When I took a look in the structure, you just dragged the category field in the sub-summary section of the report and File Maker automatically displayed all your categories as Alpha, Charlie etc. When I am doing this, this doesn't happen, it just shows me the first distributor, but not the other ones, although the sub-summary field should show them all, right?

Is it clear what I mean?

This topic is 4693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.