Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Manual Feed Heavy Letter - Windows 7

Dana G

This topic is 3925 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Upon upgrading our users to FileMaker Pro 11 on Windows 7 we have experienced issues with printing. Regardless of what the default print prefrence is the user is prompted to "Manual Feed Heavy Letter" on our HP printers. This does not happen when running FileMaker Pro 11 on an XP machine. Please let me know if you have experienced this and if there are any suggestions on how we can fix it.

Is the problem with FMP only, or in other apps as well?

It's only with FileMaker Pro (any version). We have people that were updraded to Windows 7 and still have version FMP 10. There's just some compatibility issue with FM, Windows 7 and HP printers. I'm at a loss. The problem is so darn random. One time it will ask you to manual feed then switch layouts and come back to the original layout and it won't ask you to. Then you print and you'll get it to go automatically and it will print the header with the body filled up with dark blocks and random characters and symbols. I'm pulling my hair out. My fix so far has been to tell people to print to our Canon copiers and everything works fine.

Search the FMI web site for info on windows printing. There has been issues with long printer names that causes problems (may have been fixed recently though).

Also check for corrupt fonts.

• 2 years later...
  • Newbies

We are having this same issue.  It only seems to be happening to 1 user at this time.  (We have several users with Fielmaker 11).  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've looked on their site and can't find anything.

Appreicate any assistance.

This topic is 3925 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.