Upgrade from 9 Pro to 11 Pro Advanced

This topic is 4666 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hearing that I could upgrade from FMP pro 9 to FMP Pro 11 Advanced I decided that is what I should do to help me manage our other FMP 9 users running off FMS9 while also giving us a chance to test the newer version with a view to a future upgrade.

I'm having trouble with the upgrade I purchased though.

Having entered the license key it asks me to show it where my "qualifying product" is. I give it the location of my FMP9 folder and it searches the folder and then tells me "The directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Filemaker\Filemaker Pro 9" does not contain a qualifying product."

Where could my issue lie? Is there a specific file that it is looking for in that folder that could be missing?

Our FMP9s were purchased using an organisation licence key for 10 copies, could that be affecting it?

Our FMP9s were purchased using an organisation licence key for 10 copies, could that be affecting it?

Yes, I think that could be affecting it. I'm not sure, bu you may be able to find out if your FMP9 licence's qualify for the upgrade you bought here: https://store.filemaker.com/US/ENG/LIC#close Otherwise you may want to contact FileMaker about it.

Isn't there also an option during the (upgrade) install to either put the original CD for FMP9 in? Or to enter the serial #? Have you tried either of those?

On the upgrade sheet included in the box it says the following are valid:

FMP10 Advanced

FMP9 Advanced

FMP 11

FMP 10

FMP 9

Have also tried on the office macs and it wasn't having any of it. Am going to try calling support tomorrow.

This topic is 4666 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.