Remove DB from Open Remote list

This topic is 4695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are using FMS 9...

I am looking for the setting to remove select databases from the list of dbs that comes up when users access our open remote list.

I know its possible as we have some already absent from the list but I can't find the setting.

Just looking to tidy up the visible list due to a number of disused dbs that need to exist but don't need visibility.

Thanks.

We are using FMS 9...

I am looking for the setting to remove select databases from the list of dbs that comes up when users access our open remote list.

I know its possible as we have some already absent from the list but I can't find the setting.

Just looking to tidy up the visible list due to a number of disused dbs that need to exist but don't need visibility.

Thanks.

You can turn on the database filtering option in the security panel of the Admin Console. This requires users to enter credentials to see files, and when they do so, they see only the files for which they have credentials.

Or, you can tell each file not to display its name in the Open Remote dialog by selecting an option under sharing. This must be done when the file is open on a standalone basis, not when it is hosted by FIleMaker Server.

Steven

Thank you for your reply. It appears in the past we have used the second option but as we are moving to a system with separate user accounts I am favouring the first option.

The two options are not mutually exclusive ones. You can employ both simultaneously.

Steven

This topic is 4695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.