Set column widths in table view FM Pro11

recidivist

This topic is 4647 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all

I'm sorry if this is really obvious or the wrong place to post this, but I have been having a real frustration with FM Pro databases recently. I am editing my website databases using ODBC. As I tend to edit fields en masse, I use the "view as table" browse mode. In a lot of my columns, the fields I have contain more data than the column width will show. So I've tried adjusting the column width, but it won't let me. I've used the drag to resize function, and the right click and set column width one, but in both cases my column width remains the same. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to set them? I've looked through all the help info, forums and googled the problem but have got nowhere.

I took a screengrab, but the arrow one didn't show up. I'm attaching the right click one.

Thanks for any help.

• Newbies

Thanks for this. I have tried doing this to - but I can't resize either way - to be bigger or smaller. I've tried this using the grab and the right-click command.

Ignore my last answer. I've just tried making several fields smaller at once - and this has obviously now freed up enough width to allow me to add in some extra to the one I need. Thanks very much - I thought it must be something pretty straightforward.

This topic is 4647 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.