Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SuperContainer via IWP using HTTPS

This topic is 3862 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We've got a client using IWP for a client area on their system - this is deployed using HTTPS. Unfortunately this has caused problems downloading files from container fields with IE (as normal, all* other browsers work properly).

Could somebody confirm that switching to SuperContainer would solve our issues?

Thanks,

James.

* Well, the other browsers in the top 5!

You would want to set up SuperContainer as part of your FMS WPE or a Tomcat deployment and then make sure that you install a legitimate security certificate to allow your users to connect to SuperContainer using HTTPS.

I don't know of any issues downloading files in IE with IWP right now, so it might be something particular to your client's network.

I would recommend downloading a demo of SuperContainer from http://360works.com/supercontainer and testing it out to make sure that there are no problems for your clients.

• 1 year later...

This all depends on the version of IE from my experience and its a real pain.  I would put on the layout works best not to use IE.  

You can experiment with if its IE 9 the compatibility mode.  My last client decided just to put up a disclaimer on the site as many of the things we were doing just did not work and it was costing delays in deployment over less than 10% of their web traffic. 

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I have been trying to find information how to setup IWP working with HTTPS.  How to change the Supercontainer server URL to https: and so forth.

So far I have not been able to find any documentation regarding this setup.

Do you guys have any links or information where to look?

Best regards,

Kolbeinn.

This topic is 3862 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.