Link from Filemaker Go to Server

This topic is 4648 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm struggling for hours with a Filemaker Go connection, I'm going crazy here so any help will be appreciated...

Here is the problem:

I have FileMaker Server 11 running, on Windows 7, with a database, Clients.fp7, uploaded an opened.

If I use FileMaker Pro (on the same computer) and try to open a remote database, no problem, I can find the host (FM Server) and my database Clients.fp7. This is how I can be sure the database is accessible.

The issue comes when I want to open the database from FileMaker Go. When I look for hosts I can find my Server without any issues, but when I connect to it FM Go says there is no database on the host...

One more point. When I installed the whole solution it worked perfectly. Now I had to change my network name and password and this does not work. I have checked that the iPad and the computer are on the same network, I have tried to reinstall FileMaker Server and re-upload the database.. I'm out of options here...

Thanks for your help.

What network is the mobile device on? Is it on the same WiFi network as the FM Server or is it going through a 3G wireless card (in which case it's NOT on the same network and the server needs to be port-forwarded).

I have FileMaker Server 11 running, on Windows 7, with a database, Clients.fp7, uploaded an opened.

If I use FileMaker Pro (on the same computer) and try to open a remote database, no problem, I can find the host (FM Server) and my database Clients.fp7. This is how I can be sure the database is accessible.

It sounds like you are opening the file with a standard version of FileMaker Pro located on the server machine, ie opening a local file.

If you have another machine, try accessing the database from it on the same network. That would help you narrow down if the problem is at the server end or the iPad end.

Yes MacQueen, FM Pro is located on the same machine. I actually used Pro to develop a file that I only access to via my iPad (except to modify the layout, ...).

I have no other machine to try it on, could you let m e know how I can check if the port 5003 and 5353 are open?

Thanks

This topic is 4648 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.