Java Security Warning Message

This topic is 4582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When first showing a webviewer with SuperContainer am getting an Java Warning message:

Java has discovered application components that could indicate a security concern... Block potentially unsafe components from being run? (recommended)

post-105334-0-56094700-1315496022_thumb.

If I click on the More Information.. it says:

This application has been found to contain a potential unsafe combination of both signed and unsigned components (code and/or resources)

post-105334-0-89967200-1315496033_thumb.

What does this mean? Any way to prevent this message from showing? It does seem to work if I click yes or no to the message but annoying that it comes up each time.

(Using SuperContainer 2.82 with Windows 2003 Server/IIS and FileMaker Server Advanced 11.0.2.217 )

Thanks for the response, tried on 3 computers..

It reports that security warning on these version of Java:

Java Version: 1.6.0_21 from Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java Version: 1.6.0_26 from Sun Microsystems Inc.

it doesn't give a security warning on this computer:

Java Version: 1.6.0_17 from Sun Microsystems Inc.

A followup..Well, I installed SuperContainer on a test server running Windows Server 2008/IIS7/FMS 11.0.3.309 and installed the same SuperContainer folder using the manual install (like I did on the first original server) however it does not report that java warning message… So there seems to be something unique about Windows 2003/IIS6 or FM Server 11.0.2.217 that makes it report this error? Does the version of java installed on the server make a difference? Or maybe an IIS setting perhaps? Welcome any suggestions you have.

For now am able to suppress the message on a users computer by changing the java control panel settings to #3 (or #2) described here:

http://www.java.com/...r_mixedcode.xml

but don’t want to have to do this on 50+ computers. The Windows 2003/IIS 6/FMS 11.0.2.217 machine is the production server.

• 1 month later...

The java certificate expired on one of our older versions of SuperContainer. Updating to the latest version of SC should fix it for you. It sounds like you may not have correctly updated SuperContainer on your original server, since it worked correctly on the second one. You can check the version of SuperContainer by going to http://yourserveraddress/SuperContainer/ if you have installed it with FileMaker Server. I recommend using the wininstaller.exe to install or update SuperContainer rather than doing a manual installation. Please give a call into our office if you are still having issues and we will be happy to do screensharing with you to help you get this set up. You should not need to do anything in particular on your clients other than installing Java.

Thanks for your reply David, was about to give up on this. The version it displays when I hit http://myserver/SuperContainer/ is "SuperContainer version 2.82" and it was the first time it had been installed on this server (not an upgrade). Little concerned about running the installer as this is a production (~50 users) server as well as a website (and have had bad experiences with FileMaker Server installs in the past deleting IIS information). Will give you guys a call, maybe could setup something for a night/weekend.

Ben

This topic is 4582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.